Welcome to CURRY RIVEL UNITED REFORMED CHURCH! Church Secretary: Robert Crowley 01458 259434, robert.crowley242@btinternet.com

Curry Rivel URC: Formerly Congregational Chapel 1840

Curry Rivel from the air 2007

Sunday School 2008

HOW TO FIND US: TA100JF.

Find central crossroads in the village and turn right (if coming from Taunton) towards Ilminster. We are on the right hand side after 100 metres. 

Travelling across the River Parratt, westwards from Langport for two miles brings you to the large village of Curry Rivel, on the ridge above West Sedgemoor Levels towards Fivehead. Mainly a residential village Curry Rivel has all the features of a traditional Somerset village, mostly built in blue lias limestone - a village green in front of its perpendicular 16th Century parish church, two pubs, a restaurant, post office, shop, hardware store and garden centre and primary school. From the levels the Burton Pynsent monument is easily visible - a gift from the 18th Century Prime Minister William Pitt to the Burton family. The United Reformed Church is a traditional stone chapel building just south of the main village crossroads in Hambridge Road, Wiltown.

For details of the History and Development of non-conformist worship in Curry Rivel, CLICK on the download below: THE HISTORY OF CONGREGATIONALISM IN CURRY RIVEL

Click here to download this file

?