WELCOME TO LANGPORT UNITED REFORMED CHURCH! Church Secretary: R Webb 01458 250652

 

Langport is known as the 'Heart of the Levels', situated as it is five miles west of Somerton on the River Parrett, which drains the whole region eventually into the Bristol Channel. The old town is situated on a steep hill, surrounded by low land called 'The Levels' and is known for its 'Hanging Chapel'. The lower town stretches along a causeway (Bow Street) to the river, famous for its elvers and defences in the civil war. Originally a port town before the river began to silt up, Langport relied on river borne trade. How to find us: The United Reformed Church is found about 80 metres westwards along Bow Street from the town square. Est: 1828. SERVICES EVERY SUNDAY AT 10.30am THE CHURCH HAS A BEAUTIFUL WINDOW OBTAINED FROM BISHOPS LYDEARD URC